Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Just a Game...You'll Get Over It...soon

In the past year everything seems so light and airy, as if nothing are grounded or definite. Probabilities of failure and success is a difference of decimals places (as my calculator can attest to since my stats exam bombed due to it).

Despite the winning success of Ogilvy, fate played me in so many ways. When people tell me life is just a game, they weren't kidding! And the worst part is when you find out that you have barely any control over it, it's the most depressing thought. My dad says it's because we're O blood type, meaning we get emotionally moved easily and then get over it very soon, which is true. As a child I never cried for more than 5 minutes and it wasn't just because I was a child, I just thought it was kinda dumb to keep focused on one thing for so long.

As I'm getting older, I find reminants of my mother as well, a person who can hold grudges for entire decades (it's proven because she still pulls out old knots from her childhood years in arguments with her parents). I wished I could get over the fact that I was played, played like a ploy of some plan to which I was ignorant of and obviously did not agree to.

You can often hear me say "You'll get over it" when you come to me with a problem because no matter how much you're agonizing now after sometime that climatic overbearing feeling just isn't there anymore. It's true, try it. But the problem becomes how to handle and tolerate those feelings while you're waiting to "get over it."

While you're waiting for the storm to blow over:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4gqtr6rffo

And then learn how to play the game instead of getting played

1 comments:

T.H.W. said...

Jenny, just discovered your blog after much snooping on my part hahah xD i can't find the follow button on your page!